While your Lennox® HVAC equipment can’t talk to you, it has a process to communicate a furnace error.
Its motherboard has twin LED lights that can share a fault code. Depending on the malfunction, your heater might use continuous or flashing lights.
Though there are various basic furnace adjustments you can take care of yourself, most fixes are best taken care of by experts. When your heater will not turn on or put out heated air, call Colvin's Heating and Cooling at 816-379-3918 for expert furnace repair in Excelsior Springs.
Our specialists will quickly discover and take care of the problem, even if you don’t own a Lennox heating system. We can service whichever kinds or makes—and get the warmth returned to your residence fast.
What Does the Flashing Light on My Heating System Mean?
Your heating system uses lights to flash code when it is malfunctioning. It also uses this system to let you know it’s operating correctly.
Correct function includes:
- Simultaneous slow flash—heater heating properly.
- Simultaneous fast flash—heating system is initiating the call for heat.
If you see a single light blinking slowly and the other flashing rapidly, your furnace may be experiencing a low flame signal. This can occur even when your heating system is heating like it should. It indicates the flame sensing rod could be dirty or in the wrong area on the burner. Reach out to us at 816-379-3918 for help.
Here are several other of the most routine problems for Lennox heating systems.
Heater Won’t Start
Here are many of the light patterns you may see when your heating system won’t turn on or keep operating. The bulk of these errors need to be repaired by a specialist, for instance from Colvin's Heating and Cooling.
- All LED lights are extinguished. This means your heater might not have power. Find the breaker box to make sure the furnace fuse has not flipped. Attempt to reset the fuse if it’s in the “off” spot. If it immediately flips after a subsequent reset, don’t touch the breaker and call us at 816-379-3918.
- An individual light is stable and the other is blinking slowly. This implies the flame rollout switch is likely not working right. The component is an essential safety tool that helps in preventing fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t try to fix this malfunction without professional help.
- An individual light is blinking fast and the other is blinking slowly. This typically indicates power polarity has been transposed. Your heating system could have a wiring fault that calls for professional help from Colvin's Heating and Cooling.
- The duo of lights are flashing slowly. This signifies your furnace’s blower motor possibly isn’t running. This piece sends hot air from the HVAC system into your house. We can help in determining what’s causing a problem with this part.
- One light is blinking slowly and the other is flashing fast. This means your HVAC system could have not enough voltage or a short circuit. Get in touch with our technicians at 816-379-3918 for support.
- One light is blinking on, on, off while the other flashes on, off, on. This means there may be a malfunction with your heating system’s control board or wiring. Colvin's Heating and Cooling can pinpoint the fault and fix it.
- The pair of lights show alternating slow blinks. This signifies your HVAC system may have a flame failure. There may be an issue with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Get in touch with us at 816-379-3918 for assistance.
- An individual light blinks slowly while the other stays steady. This typically means your heater’s limit switch is not working. The switch keeps your HVAC equipment from becoming too warm. Get in touch with the pros at Colvin's Heating and Cooling for help.
Furnace Blower Runs But No Warm Air
Here’s what might be broken when you observe your heating equipment’s blower fan running, but you aren’t getting any warmth.
- The pair of lights are showing every other quick flickers. This signifies your furnace ignitor might not be in working order. This piece kindles fuel in your furnace to produce warm air and should be fixed by a specialist from Colvin's Heating and Cooling.
Depend on Us for Professional Furnace Repair
When you have to get your heating system repaired fast, trust the professionals at Colvin's Heating and Cooling. Our techs will fix the issue without delay and have your house feeling relaxing again in no time. Reach out to us at 816-379-3918 or contact us online to schedule an appointment right away.