You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Colvin's Heating and Cooling have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you find small problems before they become large problems, and it can help ensure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a major dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting used to the current temperature, try modifying it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Colvin's Heating and Cooling technician is over for your regular furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 816-379-3918.