Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Excelsior Springs is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Colvin's Heating and Cooling constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Colvin's Heating and Cooling in Excelsior Springs at 816-379-3918 today.