Having routine air conditioning service done at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Excelsior Springs season, have the experts at Colvin's Heating and Cooling conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the air.
- Check for proper airflow through the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Colvin's Heating and Cooling today at 816-379-3918.