During the cooler Excelsior Springs months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Colvin's Heating and Cooling will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Colvin's Heating and Cooling ASAP if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Colvin's Heating and Cooling can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Colvin's Heating and Cooling at 816-379-3918 or book an appointment with us online.