As warmer weather rolls around, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Excelsior Springs? Particularly if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was working just fine last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to book any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your unit inspected yearly by a Colvin's Heating and Cooling pro can help find small troubles before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly impact your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to take care of intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can cause increased energy needs—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy expenses and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps locate minor troubles before they become major, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine pieces and carry out a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to find problems before they create big troubles that lead to a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is well-prepared to deliver worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to advanced meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the ensuing locations and components:
- Complete unit state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Today with Colvin's Heating and Cooling
Now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Colvin's Heating and Cooling pros a call at 816-379-3918 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your house, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.