As spring begins, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Excelsior Springs? Particularly if your AC equipment is up-to-date or was running good last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Colvin's Heating and Cooling technician can help spot small issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy needs—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps identify little troubles before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine parts and complete a cycle of AC performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into big issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC maintenance should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Right Away with Colvin's Heating and Cooling
Today is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Colvin's Heating and Cooling pros a ring at 816-379-3918 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, don’t forget to look at our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.