Make your life less difficult—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hotter temperatures appear. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your machine. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Colvin's Heating and Cooling professional each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for the long haul. Our technician can make sure that your unit is working correctly and keep an eye out for trouble areas to head off any potential problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the benefits a professional air conditioning service will present you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of any moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your AC, which can hamper airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the winter months, be sure to uncover it. You can ruin your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for big repairs or an entire replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Colvin's Heating and Cooling service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement demands. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them more frequently.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your house healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Colvin's Heating and Cooling team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.